Join Mayor Katjana Ballantyne and the Arts Council for the Anniversary of 4th of July Fireworks Celebration with live entertainment at Trum Field on Thursday, June 29th, rain date Friday June 30th.
Festivities begin at 6:00pm, with DJ Philip Tan spinning some tunes. There will be live music performance by local funk band, Midnight Motion. There will be food vendors like Nibble Kitchen, Italian Wizard and can't forget the fried dough!
Mayor Ballantyne will countdown the beginning of the fireworks at approximately at 9:15 pm.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, traffic and parking restrictions will be in place as follows:
NO PARKING around Trum Field:
- Cedar Street to Charles Ryan Road on Broadway between 12:00‐ 0:00 (East Bound Side).
- Medford Street to Boston Avenue on Broadway between 16:00‐ 0:00 (West Bound Side).
- Cedar Street from Morrison Avenue to the Bridge 08:00 – 00:00 (both sides). Traffic is restricted to residents only from 16:30 – 18:00 (Morrison Avenue side only). No vehicular access from 18:00‐ 00:00.
- Cedar Street from the Bridge to Broadway from 08:00 – 00:00 (both sides). The street will be closed from 16:30 – 00:00. Traffic is restricted to residents only from 16:30 – 18:00 (MorrisonAvenue side only). No vehicular access from 18:00‐ 00:00.
- Franey Road No Parking on either side from 15:00 – 00:00. The street will be closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic from 15:30 – 00:00. This is a restricted area open to authorized personnel only.
- Charles Ryan Road No parking on either side of the street from 08:00 – 00:00. Access is restricted to residents from 16:00 – 18:00. No vehicular access from 18:00‐ 00:00.
- Williams Street @ Winter Hill Road MEDFORD no access to Broadway 17:00‐ 0:00
- Williams Street @ Albion St. MEDFORD no access to Winter Hill Road 17:00‐ 00:00
- Broadway CLOSED from 17:00 – midnight.
MBTA Buses 80 & 89 rerouted from 5 p.m. to midnight. See www.mbta.com for full detour information.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise associated with the Fireworks Celebration, the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311 (or 617-666-3311), or visit www.somerville.gov