Join Mayor Curtatone and the Arts Council for the Anniversary of 4th of July Fireworks with live entertainment on Wednesday, June 30th (rain date: 7/1)
The entertainment lineup for the Fireworks includes performances by DJ Brother Cleve starting at 6:30, then on to Booty Vortex around 8 p.m., a local Disco-Funk band, leading up to a 20-minute fireworks display beginning at approximately 9:15 p.m.
While fireworks attendees are not required to wear masks, anyone who is not fully vaccinated is advised to wear one whenever they are in a crowd.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, several road closures and bus detours will be in place. Traffic alterations will be as follows:
- No parking from Cedar Street to Charles E. Ryan Road (eastbound), 8 a.m. to midnight.
- No parking from Ball Square to Magoun Square, 4 p.m. to midnight. Street closed from 5 p.m. to midnight.
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Streets closed 4:30 p.m. to midnight.
- No parking and street closed, 3 p.m. to midnight.
Charles E. Ryan Road
- No parking 8 a.m. to midnight. Access for abutters only from 4 to 6 p.m. Street closed to all traffic 6 p.m. to midnight.
MBTA Buses 80 & 89 rerouted from 5 p.m. to midnight. See www.mbta.com for full detour information.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise associated with the Fireworks Celebration, the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311 (or 617-666-3311), or visit www.somervillema.gov