Join us for our final SomerStreets of 2021 on Sunday, October 31st (rain date 11/07) from 2:00-6:00pm outside of Union Square on Somerville Ave. between Hawkins St to Park St.
Get ready for two stages of music-- one stage will be a partnership with School of Rock and another stage curated by yours truly, "PorchFest Staff Picks!".
- 2-3pm - The School of Rock Wakefield
- 3:45-4:45pm - The School of Rock Watertown
- 5-6pm - The School of Rock Natick
Some Activities to expect:
- Don't forget your skates for a Rollerblading Disco Party with DJ Brother Cleve
- Halloween costume parade led by School of Honk! Bring your costume and your groove...
- Face Painting by Flor Delgadillo
- Dia de los Muertos Celebration Activities with Andrea and Angelica Menchaca and food with Nibble Kitchen's Estela Calzada
- Boston Hoop Troop and Fairy Roamers
- Handstands, juggling, acrobatics and comedy for all ages with Cate the Great
- Magician, Just Felice
- Somerville Recreation
- Ghost of Somerville Tour with the Somerville Historic Preservation Commission
- & so much more!!!
RSVP to our Facebook event page to receive updates! https://fb.me/e/1tWFHrniK
or if you have questions, contact Events Coordinator: iaritza menjivar, email@example.com
SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally-renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
SomerStreets builds on the Shape Up Somerville healthy living initiative. Similar open streets events take place all around the world, providing space normally taken up by automobile traffic for people to be more active.
SomerStreets is an annual series that takes places on Sundays during the summer and fall.