Check out 2019 PorchFest musicians line up on our map.
Porchfest Registration information below
Porchfest will be occur from 12 to 6 pm throughout the City. The City will be divided into three time zones. Bands performing west of Willow Ave. will occur from 12-2; bands from Willow Ave. to Central St. will occur from 2-4; and east of Central St. will occur from 4-6.
To register please follow these steps below:
1. Determine who will be the band contact and who will register.
2. Secure the match between the Somerville porch and the band; band does not need to be based in town but the porch does! The Council does not conduct matching between the porch and the band.
3. You must inform and discuss your intent to perform with your neighbors. Inform them it will only be for the two hour period.
4. Draft a short description of the band, gather a good jpeg image, weblink to band or music, and, if available, select a mp3 file.
5. If you are new to registration, you must create a user account first, here. Your user account will require approval, it is not automatic and can take a day.
If you have set up a Porchfest registration in the past you already HAVE a user account. If you have created a user account in a previous year you do NOT need to create a second user account each year. If you have forgotten your user account or password go to the "request new password" here.
6. Once you have a user account (which must be approved by SAC and can take a day)---
7. Then register for Porchfest:
Please take your time to gather the above information, login as a user, and then register/build out your personal Porchfest page here:
Once this is done you should see your listing in the 2019 Map. If needed, you can always go back into your listing and edit.
Then on Saturday, May 11, 2019 musicians and bands throughout Somerville will celebrate and utilize an underused public venue: The Porch. Acts—ranging from bollywood funk, cosmic americana, killer blues, Moroccan, Balkan, gospel, American space rock and clawhammer banjo—will serenade passersby from porches throughout Somerville.
Parking restrictions will be relaxed in residential areas from 12 to 6 pm.
In 2011, the Council created a decentralized music festival--Porchfest. Perhaps you’ve sat on your porch and overheard a neighbor strumming guitar on another porch? Porchfest takes this idea and multiplies it. This is not a festival per se but rather a community event where Somervillians share their love of playing and listening to music. Think of Somerville Open Studios, which is for visual artists, but for music.