Note: As of the end of March we are exploring how to create a virtual event. Please continue to register so we may do this.
Please return to this page as the City established revised policies.
Registration will remain open until April 13th. This year, we are reserving the right to limit the number of porches participating on a street at one time.
There are three time slots; 12-2 or 2-4 or 4-6. Bands perform only during the time slot. This structure will provide the public ample time to travel and see multiple groups in various parts of the City. West of Willow Ave is "west" and will occur from 12 to 2 p.m.; the area between Willow Ave. and Central St is Central zone and will occur from 2 to 4 p.m; and the area east of Central St is the East zone and will occur from 4-6 p.m.
And remember the registration process is:
1. Confirm the musical act you wish to host; or if you are musician, determine which friend's porch you would like to perform on. (Remember we do not 'match make'; and realize your posting will not appear on the map if you don't have an address).
2. Be sure to discuss with your neighbors and/or your landlord. You as the host are responsible for positive outreach about your desire to perform, not the Arts Council.
3. Come back to this site with content to register (have address, description of band, banner image, mp3s, web links) Please do not register unless you have a location secured and specific address. If you only wish to promote your Somerville band, go to our Creators page and create a profile. Porchfest page is only to post if you are performing during the event and have a location.
4. The registration process is two parts. First, you will need to create a username. If you don't have one, create one at the bottom of our site--i.e. "Login". But if you registered last year, please use your existing "user name" to log in to our site. If you've forgotten this or your password, try to retrieve using email address you had last year. Second, once you've logged in you can then go and Register Porchfest here
5. Your registration is moderated by the Council, it might take some time to confirm and edit time/zone. Please do NOT make multiple pages. Write down your URL that way you can come back to the page (you must login) you are creating/editing. Also, remember your posting/page will NOT appear on the map unless you have an address. Your posting will appear on the 2020 map.
Special Thanks to Kirk Isreal and Moses Blumenstiel for their combined web work on Porchfest.
In 2011, the Council created a decentralized music festival--Porchfest. Perhaps you’ve sat on your porch and overheard a neighbor strumming guitar on another porch? Porchfest takes this idea and multiplies it. This is not a festival per se but rather a community event where Somervillians share their love of playing and listening to music. Think of Somerville Open Studios, which is for visual artists, but for music.