Join Mayor Katjana Ballantyne and the Arts Council for the Anniversary of 4th of July Fireworks with live entertainment on Thursday, June 30th (rain date: 7/1) at Trum Field! There will be tunes by DJ Philip Tan and live music by Pressure Cooker.
To ensure public safety and pedestrian access to events, traffic and parking restrictions will be in place as follows:
- Broadway: No Parking From Cedar Street to Charles Ryan Rd. (Eastbound Side)
- No Parking at Trum Field 8 a.m. - midnight.
- No Parking 4 p.m.-midnight Medford St. to Boston Ave. (West Bound Side)
- Broadway from Ball Sq (Boston Ave) to Magoun Square (Medford St) closed to traffic from 5:00pm – 12:00AM.
- Cedar Street from the Bridge to Broadway: No parking on either side from 8:00 am - midnight. Street will be closed from 4:30 pm – midnight. No access to the street after 6:00 pm.
- Charles E Ryan Road: No parking on the street on either side from 8:00 am - midnight. Access restricted to residents from 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm. No access to the street from 6:00 pm- midnight.
- Cedar Street from Morrison Avenue to the Bridge: No parking on either side from 3:00 pm – midnight. Traffic restricted to residents only from 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm (from Morrison Ave. only). No access to the street after 6:00 pm.
- Franey Road: No Parking on either side from 3:00 pm – midnight. Street will be closed from 3:00 pm - midnight. Restricted area authorized personnel only.
MBTA Buses 80 & 89 rerouted from 5 p.m. to midnight. See www.mbta.com for full detour information.
Due to the large crowds and loud noise associated with the Fireworks Celebration, the City recommends that attendees leave pets at home and not bring unnecessary bags or backpacks. All bags and backpacks are subject to inspection. For more information, please call 311 (or 617-666-3311), or visit www.somerville.gov